Development of cybersecurity product strategies for existing products and services
- Your customers want to know that the products and services they purchase from you are cyber secure, and being used in a secure manner. The BCG Platinion team has helped numerous suppliers of products, systems, and services to provide these assurances to their customers.
- In some cases minor product modifications or enhancements have been found to greatly enhance the cybersecurity applications of an organizations products or services, greatly enhancing revenue and profits from existing products and services.
- In other cases, adding new services for existing products and systems can generate significant revenue and profits, while greatly increasing customer loyalty and retention.
- The BCG Platinion team has experts who have provided these services across virtually all sectors of industry from industrial automation to telecommunications, utilities, financial services, transportation and emergency services. In our experience, if you are a trusted provider of products, systems, or services, then you are the most likely provider of cybersecurity services to your customers.
Determining product security strategies for new product and markets
- Your customers are growing increasingly concerned about the cybersecurity of their operations in which they use your products, systems, and services. The vendor who designs cybersecurity and cybersecurity features into their products, systems, and services creates a unique and highly valuable product differentiator that can open new markets, and generate significant new revenue and profit streams.
- The BCG Platinion team has a unique level of experience is assisting organizations to develop new products, systems, and services to address the cybersecurity needs of the markets they serve, building on their core competencies. The BCG Platinion experts study the threats and market trends in the markets you serve. Our knowledge of the new cutting edge cybersecurity technologies being developed at major universities, VC, and SMB organizations around the world enable us to bring to your developers and product managers a variety of developing technologies that might be used in your future products and services. Working together with your product and service developers and management, BCG Platinon’s team can help you choose which technologies on the horizon will enable you to develop the future products that will open up new high value revenue and profit streams from your current customers, and adjacent markets.
- The BCG Platinion team will also work with you to determine whether you should develop the technologies and product internally, license technology from a university, partner with another organization, or acquire another organization.
- The BCG Platinion team has experts who have provided these services across virtually all sectors of industry from industrial automation to telecommunications, utilities, financial services, transportation and emergency services.
Secure Design and Penetration testing of product resilience
The BCG Platinion team has developed methods for designing cybersecurity into a product from the first design team meeting, as well as expertise for testing the cyber-resilience of products as the would be used by your customers – and attacked by persistent adversaries. This combination of skills provides the same benefits to the cyber-resilience of your products and services as Total Quality Management provides to the overall quality and profitability of your product. Just as TQM has been shown to improve profit margins, customer loyalty, and brand reputation, BCG Platinion can show you how Total Cybersecurity Management will improve improve profit margins, customer loyalty, and brand reputation.